1. Information to be collected and method of collection
(1) Personal information items to be collected
• Personal information items to be collected by Secretariat are as follows: E-mail, Password, Name, Affiliation, Job title, Country, and Telephone.
• The online payment company and website management company may collect the information directly provided by the users. Log data, Card information(when users pay via online) will be provided to the online payment company. Besides information directly provided by the users, Secretariat may collect information in the course that the users use the service provided by the Website.
(2) Method of collection
• Secretariat collects the information of users in a way of the followings: Information of users will be provided through the Website “Registration”.
2. Use of collected information
Secretariat uses the collected information of users for the following purposes:
- Member management for Registration and Abstract Submission
- Sending information letters, promotion letters, and confirmation letter to members (Via E-mail)
- Sending Any notifications regarding ISG2022.
Secretariat agrees that it will obtain consent from the users, if the Secretariat desires to use the information other than those expressly stated in this Policy.
3. Sharing collected information
Except for the following cases, the Secretariat will not share personal information with a 3rd party:
• when the Secretariat shares the information with its affiliates, partners and service providers;
Online payment service providers
• when the users consent to the sharing in advance
• when the sharing is required by the laws
• if required to be disclosed by the laws and regulations.
• if required to be disclosed by the investigative agencies for detecting crimes in accordance with the procedure and method as prescribed in the laws and regulations.
4. Cookies, Beacons, and Similar Technologies
Secretariat may collect collective and impersonal information through 'cookies' or 'web beacons'. Cookies are very small text files to be sent to the browser of the users by the server used for operation of the websites and will be stored in hard-disks of the users' computer. This function is used for evaluating, improving services and setting-up users' experiences so that many improved services can be provided by the Secretariat to the users. The items of cookies to be collected by Secretariat and the purpose of such collection are as follows: This cookie is a kind of indispensable cookie for the users to use the functions of website. Unless the users allow this cookie, the services such as registration or electronic bill payment cannot be provided. This cookie does not collect any information which may be used for marketing or memorizing the sites visited by the users.
(Examples of necessary cookies)
• Memorize the information entered in an order form while searching other pages during web browser session
• For the page of registration and check-out, memorize ordered services
• Check whether login is made on website
• Check whether the users are connected with correct services of the website of the Company while the Company changes the way of operating its website
• Connect the users with certain applications or servers of the services
The users have an option for cookie installation. So, they may either allow all cookies by setting an option in a web browser, make each cookie checked whenever it is saved, or refuses all cookies to be saved: Provided that, if the user rejects the installation of cookies, it may be difficult for that user to use the parts of services provided by Secretariat.
5. Users' right to access and option
The users or their legal representatives, as main agents of the information, may exercise the following options regarding the collection, use and sharing of personal information by Secretariat :
• Exercise right to access to personal information;
• Make corrections or deletion;
• Make temporary suspension of treatment of personal information; or
• Request the withdrawal of their consent provided before
If, in order to exercise the above options, you, as an user, use the menu of 'amendment of member information of webpage or contact the secretariat by using representative telephone or sending emails, or using telephone to the responsible department (or person in charge of management of personal information), Secretariat will take measures without delay: Provided that the Secretariat may reject the request of you only to the extent that there exists either proper cause as prescribed in the laws or equivalent cause.
Secretariat regards the security of personal information of uses as very important. Secretariat constructs the following security measures to protect the users' personal information from any unauthorized access, release, use or modification
• Encryption of personal information
• Transmit users' personal information by using an encrypted communication zone
• Store important information such as passwords after encrypting it
• Countermeasures against hacking: Install a system in the zone the external access to which is controlled so as to prevent leakage or damage of users' personal information by hacking or computer virus
• Take measures to prevent forging or alteration of access record
7. Modification of Privacy Protection Policy
Secretariat has the right to amend or modify this Policy from time to time and, in such case, the Company will make a public notice of it through bulletin board of its website (or through individual notice such as written document, fax or e-mail) and obtain consent from the users if required by relevant laws.
8. Responsible department of Website(Secretariat)
Secretariat designates the following department and person in charge of personal information in order to protect the personal information of users and deal with complaints from users:
• Department: ISG2022 Secretariat(Korean Association of Products and Services for Senior Citizens, KAPASS)
• Address: 5022, 5F, Hamyangjae Building, 529, Seolleung-ro, Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Korea
• Tel.: +82-2-6207-0925 l E-mail: email@example.com
• The latest update date: May 17, 2022